Contract position: Large utility has an immediate need for a Scada Engineer in Jackson,MI. Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Transmission/High Voltage Distribution and Low Voltage Distribution SCADA systems. This is a contract position expected to last 6 months with an extension, could be long term. Will consider per diem for candidates that are not local. Apply Now!
Responsibilities for the SCADA Engineer
- Develops/maintains real-time applications, databases, and displays used by System Control and Merchant Operations to monitor and control the grid
- Support responsibilities include: Electric SCADA, Generation Control, Volt/Var optimization, historian interfaces, protocols (DNP, Modbus, ICCP), communication hardware, and coordination of real-time information exchanged with other entities.
- Develop and maintain real-time system models, state estimator, and contingency analysis.
- Verification of the functionality of applications on a regular basis to ensure that they perform as anticipated and that the data collected is reasonable.
- Provide support for a multi-year project to upgrade SCADA communications.
- Provide support for a multi-year project to deploy Distribution Capacitor Controls and sensors.
- Provide support for a multi-year project to deploy Distribution SCADA and Automation.
- Work with field resources to support Remote Telemetry Unit (RTU) configuration validation/checkouts.
Requirements for the SCADA Engineer
- BS in Engineering
- 5+ years of scada experience within utility operations
- Proficient in using programming and scripting languages such as VB/VBA, C/C++/C#, PowerShell, Perl, Python, and Transact-SQL.
- Familiar with SCADA communication protocols (DNP, Modbus) and SCADA telemetry systems.
- Familiar with NERC Compliance requirements.
- Familiar with supporting and maintaining HMI one-line displays and other real-time displays
- Medical plan available
- Per Diem Available