Permanent position: Immediate need for a Product Engineer/Sales Engineer with a OEM of plastic parts based out of Newark, DE. This position, under the guidance of the Director of Engineering, is responsible to provide product support to the sales team. This includes recommending improved materials or machinery, researching potential new products, and designing products to meet customer needs or company strategic goals. Salary range is $70-90k/yr. depending on experience.
Responsibilities for the Sales Engineer
- Coordinate with the sales and engineering team to understand customer requirements.
- Translate customer needs and wants into technical concepts and solutions.
- Identify needs for new products through research of market needs, competition, and costs.
- New Product Design.
- Build and test prototypes.
- Experiment with and analyze different materials, manufacturing processes and design tolerances on new and existing products.
- Interpret and analyze test data and make revisions as necessary to meet requirements.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing.
- Works safely and observes safety rules at all times.
- Follows and carries out all company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Sales Engineer
- Must have a minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Science discipline with a preference towards materials/plastics/polymers.
- Must have proven track record in product development and commercialization.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and technical diagrams.
- Knowing drafting and modeling techniques and practices.
- Managing complex projects.
- Be able to demonstrate abilities in research and development.
- Be able to demonstrate potential for project management.
- Be able to develop working relationships with experts in the field of technology.
- Company Sponsored Benefits.