Permanent position: Direct hire Metallurgist in the Savanna,IL area. A premier manufacture of bearings and mechanical power transmission components seeks an experienced Metallurgist. Client is looking for 1-5 years of heavy industrial experience and must have a degree in Materials Science/Metallurgy or something similar. Role pays $65 K- $80 K along with full benefits and relocation assistance.
Responsibilities for the Metallurgical Engineer
- Develop plant standards, technical instructions, and procedures in order to ensure that all metallurgical activities are in alignment with corporate standards and customer requirements.
- Provide direct leadership of thermal treatment area including setting of general policy, determining of proper procedures/work instructions, and training of associates as needed.
- Manage the disposition of questionable product, interpret product metallurgical characteristics, and make decisions on corrective actions and deviation needs as a result of product not meeting Client Customer Standards.
- Analyze process audit and customer feedback results in correlation with process capability and corporate standards and periodically and proactively establish preventative and/or corrective actions.
- Provide all metallurgical training needed for associates to understand and perform their job functions.
- Investigate new heat treat technology and equipment. This includes supporting the development of financial justification and development of technical specifications for projects.
- Perform damage analysis & prepare reports with recommendations, solutions, corrective actions.
Requirements for the Metallurgical Engineer
- Heat treating experience a plus
- Must have 1-5 years heavy industrial experience
- Must have a bachelors degree in Materials Science/Metallurgy or something similar to Metallurgy
- Previous leadership experience a plus
- Good commutation skills
- Full benefits and relocation assistance