Permanent position: Field Service Engineer, Dallas,TX (home based) - Packaging machine OEM develops,manufactures and markets high-tech packaging equipment. This FSE will have strong PLC Controls experience and will support customers in their region with installations, programming and field engineering. You will perform the after-sale service on a variety of Flexible and Rigid packaging equipment, ie. Fillers, baggers, Robotic Palletizer and Stretch Hooders/Stretch wrappers. Competitive Base pay plus OT and commission (Parts and Service). 15-20 hours of OT and 70% travel (M-Fri), 100k+ compensation is common. Pay rate of 30-35/hr plus OT and commission. $100k+ is not uncommon. HOME BASED.
Responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer
- The Field Service Specialist positions have been created to handle the most technically challenging installations, field engineering and problem solving assignments
- Program and troubleshoot Robotics and PLC's
- Install Equipment at Customer sites
- Advise customers in optimizing their equipment
Requirements for the Field Service Engineer
- Technical degree or any equivalent training that includes mechanical, electrical, controls, hydraulics and pneumatics
- 5+ years experience as an Industrial Maintenance Technician, Field Service Engineer, Packaging Technician, Controls Engineer, etc
- Strong experience PLC troubleshooting required
- Robotics troubleshooting experience required. Fanuc preferred.
- Experience reading mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical drawings
- PalletPRO, Handling PRO, program creation and modification in TP or Karel Language a plus
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 70% of the time. Few weekends required.
- High compensation.
- Excellent benefits, OT pay, Commission paid on sales of products and services. Lots of OT
- Can live anywhere in the US as long as you are within 1 hours of a major airport.