Contract position: Seeking a Technical Support Representative with 2+ years of experience in a technical support help desk environment. This position is located in Boca Raton, FL. If local, please apply today!
Responsibilities for the Technical Support
- Provide remote diagnostic and technical support for National Account Retail customers and internal Installation and Service Technicians.
- Enter, update, and close tickets for service into Remedy, FSMS, and customer databases. (Document the status of the equipment.)
- Based on knowledge of networks and IP-based devices, determine the root cause of equipment failure (network, software, hardware, electrical issue, etc.) and run remote diagnostic scripts via Telnet into IP-based device on the customer network.
- To adhere to short response-time requirements, contact individual technicians on call, advise technician as to the location, problem and potential resolution.
- Explain physical layout and functionality of hardware to guide the technician through the repair of such equipment.
Requirements for the Technical Support
- High school diploma or equivalent. College (AS or BS) degree in technical field is preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in a technical support help desk environment.
- Experience with technical troubleshooting remotely and data entry in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid knowledge of computer networks and hardware connectivity.
- Knowledge of MS office products with advanced typing skills.
- Contractor benefits offered