Contract position: A leading provider of medical technologies for the health care industry is seeking a Buyer/Planner in the Acton, MA area. This is a 6-month CONTRACT position. No per diem is available.
Responsibilities for the Buyer
- Conduct analysis of MRP output and procure assigned commodity or material by processing requisitions and placing purchase orders. Manage assigned commodities including supermarket management of inventory.
- Utilize demand analysis concepts to recommend forecast inputs driving MRP recommendations. Create, review, and/or edit Purchasing procedures as required.
- Participate as the purchasing representative on (NPD) new product development teams. Interact with internal customers and external suppliers focused for on-time delivery, quality, and cost effectiveness.
Requirements for the Buyer
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment, APICs certification a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with MRP or Net Requirements Plan and automated ERP systems required. Experience with ACCPAC Pro a plus.