Permanent position: Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Technician for a leading chemical manufacturing company near the Spring Hill, TN area. This role is responsible to diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and install all plant electrical and instrument equipment. Ideal candidate will have A.S degree in technical field or Electrician classification/certification with at least two (2) years experience within a manufacturing environment. This is an direct hire opportunity with the potential for overtime pay.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Technician
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and install all plant electrical and instrument equipment
- Repair, replace and install equipment such as: motors, starters, burners, chillers, speed controls, conduit, lighting, breakers, meters, recorders, flow, temperature, level, pressure and weigh systems, valves transmitters, controllers, indicators, analyzers, monitors, DCSs and PLCs.
- Use necessary test equipment and be able to read and understand schematic diagrams
- Required to work in all areas of the plant and in all aspects of electrical and instrument work
Requirements for the Electrical Technician
- High school diploma is required (A.S degree is highly preferred)
- IBEW classification, IBEW apprenticeship or Certification is ideal
- Must have at least two years of experience as an Electrician within a manufacturing setting
- Must be able to diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and install plant electrical and instrument equipment
- Experience troubleshooting instrumentation is highly coveted
- Benefits plan
- PTO plan
- Overtime potential