Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Maintenance Planner and Scheduler in the Roanoke area. This is a salaried role and this person should have some experience in a either Cement manufacturing (ideally, but not required) or heavy industrial experience. This role will likely lead to Project Management work or into a Methods (Maintenance) Manager or Supervisor role. They are willing to provide relocation assistance and they have a 10% bonus target for this position.
Responsibilities for the Planner
- Maintenance planning and scheduling - 90% maintenance / 10% electrical
- Reporting to the Methods Dept. Manager (Maintenance Manager) and working with Maintenance Supervisors and Technicians.
- Support CMMS to develop a Master Maintenance Plan.
- Plan work orders and serve as the administrator to work order management using the CMMS. (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Scheduling duties include, collecting pre-requisites, lead scheduling meetings, creating schedules, monitor task and feedback.
Requirements for the Planner
- BS Degree in Engineering preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years of experience
- Heavy industrial mfg experience. (cement mfg or the like, ideally but not required)
- Accurately estimate labor hours & material requirements
- Ability to read blue prints, machine and process drawings, and ideally have the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
- understands the maintenance process and proper use of work order system, planning, scheduling and storeroom process.
- Company sponsored benefits, 401k, paid time off etc..
- 10% bonus target
- Relocation assistance