Permanent position: An engineering and construction client has an immediate need for a Environmental Compliance Specialist in Richmond, KY area. This is a direct-hire position. No per diem is available for this position.
Responsibilities for the Specialist
- Assist with regulatory required sampling, analytical testing, and agency reporting. Startup, shutdown and malfunction investigation and reporting. Compliance oversight of hazardous waste storage, satellite and container accumulation areas.
- Prepare shift summary reports. Provide compliance technical support and assistance to Operations group. Verify daily operating records for completeness and accurac.
- Monitor plant housekeeping and stormwater BMPs. Spill response oversight and facility contamination history reporting. Participate in noncompliance event/incident investigations and corrective actions.
Requirements for the Specialist
- Bachelor's degree environmental engineering, science, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in environmental compliance programs regarding hazardous waste management, solid waste management, air or water compliance, or auditing of environmental programs.