Permanent position: Well established and growing automotive component metal forming manufacturer is seeking and experienced Press Engineer for a direct hire career opportunity in Smyrna, TN.
Responsibilities for the Tool Engineer
- The Press Engineer is responsible for establishing manufacturing methods to assure competitive and safe manufacturability of parts including continuous improvement of quality and workflow in a fast-paced, lean manufacturing facility
- Candidate will track and manage press line trial for new model trials
- Lead stamping die trial teams
- Recommend die modifications to solve quality issues
Requirements for the Tool Engineer
- 2+ years experience in a metal manufacturing environment (preferably metal stamping)
- Knowledge of material properties, mechanics of materials and how these materials react when subjected to varying stamping conditions.
- Ability to read 2D and 3D design drawings and CAD w/ ability to evaluate designs and suggest revisions
- Previous history with New Model trials and able to lead stamping die trial teams
- Computer experience with Excel, Word, Project
- Able to travel domestic and international