Contract position: An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for a Diesel Engine Service Engineer in the Waterloo, IA area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Service Engineer
Requirements for the Service Engineer
- Analyze engine hardware and engine performance data to identify failures. Provide troubleshooting direction directly to engine technicians.
- Travel to the field when necessary to assist in troubleshooting and to gather failure data. Work directly with vehicle factories to solve engine integration issues. Engage engineering and quality improvement teams to determine root cause of field failures.
- Develop short-term corrective actions and provide input on long-term problem resolution. Improve engine diagnostics by authoring technical solutions. Provide input into engine technical publications and training materials.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a relevant field and 3 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience with diesel engine troubleshooting. Experience helping customers.