Permanent position: Immediate opening for a internal Spare Parts sales / purchasing agent working for a capital equipment manufacturer. This person should have some technical background associated with large capital / heavy industrial equipment to assist in the spare parts department. Types of machines that would be extremely desirable would be die casts, plastic injection molds, extrusion press, stamping, forges, machine tools, etc...
Responsibilities for the Purchasing Agent
- Respond to customer phone calls and e-mail requests for spare parts. Reference Plexus for part information, drawing books and machine manuals to confirm parts specifications.
- Prepare Request for Quote (RFQs) for spare parts
- Evaluate inventory stock levels during daily activity, customer demand, and known part's leadtime.
- Process incoming/outgoing parts shipments, assisting to UMI shipping and receiving, preparingdocuments and assist to confirm ship quantity, quality, packing etc.
Requirements for the Purchasing Agent
- 5+ years of engineer experience, working with heavy industrial / capital equipment
- 2+ years of experience with Supply Chain
- Degree is not required
- Experience with sourcing vendors, procurement and/or working with customers and field service engineers on spare parts orders.
- This is a Direct Hire opening with excellent Company provided benefits and will be a Salaried role