Senior Process Engineer
Permanent position: Growing manufacturer is seeking a Sr. Process Engineer for their steel making operation. Individual will lead continuous improvement activities, mainly focused in the Melt Shop. The objective is to identify opportunities for improvement in processes, products, and production within the area of responsibility. These duties will include the development and implementation of new as well as adjusting existing standards, structures, systems, and equipment. This position is responsible to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all improvement aspects within their area of responsibility. Excellent pay, benefits, growth opportunities.
Responsibilities for the Senior Process Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Process Engineer
- Maintain goal and project data bases. Perform trend analysis on the performance data as well as identify commonalities within the data.
- Participate and contribute to the achievement of department goals including goal setting.
- Facilitate training sessions for all employees on the improvement methodologies, tools, policies, practices, and processes.
- Develop and coach employees on capabilities and knowledge in the application of the QIS methodology and participate (as needed) in QIS events.
- Collaborate with Routine Facilitators on subjects pertaining to the processes, improvement standards, CAPEX standards, audits, 5S initiatives, failure analysis, results management, QIS, FA, 6 Sigma, and other process improvement methodologies.
- 5 to 10 years of process improvement exp. in a Steel Mill environment.
- BS Preferred.
- 401K, health, dental, bonus, etc.