Electrical Design Engineer
A global supplier of container & load-handling equipment and services, is seeking a Development Engineer - Electrical / Controls in Ottowa, KS (SW of Kansas City, KS). The ideal candidate will have 2+ years experience in electrical, controls and mechatronic design in the truck-tractor or mobile equipment industry. Development Engineers work on global projects to develop GPS, displays, RFID tags and other technologies for automated terminal trucks.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
Relocation assistance is available
Responsibilities for the Electrical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Design Engineer
- Develop electrical, controls and mechatronic designs for Terminal Tractor product line. Prior experience working within a truck-tractor or mobile equipment industry is preferred.
- Integrate electrical components into truck chassis and cabins where product systems include hydraulics, pneumatics, structures and powertrain.
- Develop Network Databases for CAN, LIN, and Ethernet.
- Frequently communicates with suppliers and cross functional support groups within the product line.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering is preferred. Mechanical Engineering with focus in controls/mechatronics accepted.
- 2+ years experience in electrical/electronic controls/systems in the mobile equipment industry.
- Solid understanding of assembly processes and good understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of vehicle network behavior, electrical network controls, and potential design problems , e.g. loading, latency, fault tolerance, quality of service.
<Benefits for the Electrical Design Engineer
- Competitive compensation and fantastic best-in-class benefits packages, including 401(k), medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans with paid vacation and nine paid holidays.
- Relocation assistance is available