Contract position: An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for an OFP Quality Engineer in the Ankeny, IA area. This is an 6-month CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Machine Engineer
- Review warranty information, prioritize manufacturing related problems, create evidence packages and apply problem resolution techniques.
- Review Defects Per Unit Daily report for qnotes within zone and problem resolution techniques. Review daily Quality Board metrics to determine if there are questions from our wage force.
- Create Change Notice and send to shop floor inspectors and post on Quality Boards *Facilitate RCA's & NCCA's.
Requirements for the Machine Engineer
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated Skills in Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action (8D). Understanding of Mistake Proofing Techniques.
- Understanding of Control Plans and PFMEAs Manufacturing Statistical Methods (Control Charting / Capability Analysis).