Contract position: Well established industrial equipment manufacturer SW of Birmingham, AL is seeking a Junior Level Mechanical Engineer for a temp to hire role. Ideal candidate will have a strong hands-on mechanical aptitude, good CAD skills, and some working experience in a equipment manufacturing / fabrication environment.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Work with trades in the field to help assemble, start up, and troubleshoot equipment at client sites
- Work with IC engines, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems to address performance issues and check out system conditions as needed
- Perform minor adjustments to equipment to fine tune desired performance and reliability
- Utilize Solidworks (other 3d CAD tools acceptable) to modify designs to maximize equipment performance
- BSME, BSMET, or other Engineering or Technical Degree strongly desired
- Hands on mechanical aptitude
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- Desire to learn and make an impact!
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life and AD&D