Permanent position: *No travel all local* Our premier Construction client is looking for an experienced MEP Estimator in Cincinnati, OH. Client is offering a strong culture, competitive pay ($75 K- $100 K), relocation assistance for qualified candidates and very strong benefits. Candidates must have a strong MEP estimating background that is focused around commercial high valued construction experience.
Responsibilities for the Estimator
- Prepare quantity take-offs, analysis, estimates, and studies for all Mechanical/Plumbing/Fire Protection/Electrical/Technology/LV System (MEP) items incorporated in the assigned scope from conceptual design through completed construction documents. Preliminary design work may be required to complete conceptual estimates
- Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine required scope that is not already indicated
- May supervise Assistant MEP Estimators, Estimating Assistants and/or Interns.
- Develop working relationships with local material suppliers and equipment vendors in order to solicit accurate and current pricing of plumbing fixtures, HVAC equipment, piping & sheet metal material, lighting, distribution equipment, low voltage systems, and miscellaneous materialpricing.
- Develop working relationships with local Mechanical/Plumbing/Fire Protection/Electrical/Technology/LV System (MEP) sub-contractors in order to build andmaintain a list of qualified bidders for all projects
- Prepare scope requisitions for the bidding/procurement of Mechanical/Plumbing/Fire Protection/Electrical/Technology//LV (MEP) systems; coordinating with fellow estimators toeliminate scope gaps and overlaps
- Work together with operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that general conditions andgeneral requirements items are properly addressed in the estimate including, but not limited to,items such as temporary heating/cooling, electrical, power and lighting, including estimating ofelectrical and natural gas consumption during construction.
Requirements for the Estimator
- Bachelors related to Engineering or Construction is a plus
- Looking for 3+ years of MEP estimating experience
- Commercial construction experienced preferred
- Full benefits, relocation assistance for qualified candidates, strong culture and a base salary of $75 K- $100 K