Contract position: An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for a Material Coordinator in the Ankeny, IA area. This is an 3-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Materials Coordinator
- Coordinates for multiple departments the procuring, expediting, producing, and delivering material on time.
- Recommends procedures for specific situations that will maintain inventory accuracy and management. Finds and corrects root cause of material shortages.
- Audits material replenishment cycles and accuracy and may create material replenishment plans with assistance. Resolves inventory errors and expedites parts to ensure uninterrupted production.
Requirements for the Materials Coordinator
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Logistics, or Supply Management. At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- SAP and Microsoft skills desired along with work experience in a manufacturing environment.