Contract position: Our client in El Segundo has a contract to hire opening for a Process Engineer I. This company is one of the lead designers and manufacturers of high-performance wire and cable. In this role you will be responsible for the development, implementation, tracking, monitoring and analyzing of production. Our client is looking for an experienced Process Engineer to be responsible for the process design, operation and implementation. The successful candidate will have 1-3 years of expereince improving industrial processes in order to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability.
Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
- Designing, running, testing, and upgrading processes (future and current), utilizing value stream process maps, SIX SIGMA, DMAIC problem solving, statistical workflow analysis, SPC charting, work balancing charts, and other Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Providing hands-on manufacturing support and leading cross-functional process improvement teams to support production and resolve manufacturing and quality issues.
- Support production areas with yield & quality monitoring and continuous improvement, investigation, leadership and technical mentoring
- Assist in defining technical requirements, process/equipment assignment, and tooling development for new products
- Work with Automation and Tooling to develop Tooling Lifetime/Replacement rates and procedures to ensure equipment is repaired before breakdown occurs.
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- BS degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering (MS is a plus) or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis tools (8D, 5 Why, Impact/Difficulty, etc.)
- Experience with high volume manufacturing in a high tech, high volume consumables industry
- Experience developing requirements, process/flow diagrams
- Medical, Dental, Company matching 401K, Employee Stock Purchase