Contract position: Lab Technician long term contract opportunity with a client located in the Mt Vernon, IN area. This is a rotating shift schedule that will be responsible to work closely with Instrument Techs, RL, and Operations in insuring data quality through measurement, routine maintenance and calibration for the lab.
Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician
Requirements for the Laboratory Technician
- Catch and run all Process Samples and run all Finishing samples as well
- Measurement of non-routine Resin\Finishing samples on an as-needed basis
- Identify data trends that may indicate plant upset condition
- Follow written procedures and work with Lab Instrument Techs and RL to correct any discrepancies
- Monitor control charts to identify need for new standards or to contact Instrument Tech for maintenance
- Work on a Rotating Shift Schedule- Days, Evenings, Midnights is required
- Bachelors Degree preferred ideally with a chemistry work course
- A chemistry background and comfortable working in a lab environment
- Proficient in applications such as: Empower, CEOPS, Labsoft, Gensuite, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written