Permanent position: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR, Day Shift, preferrably with assembly experience, is needed for a maker of industrial equipment located north of JACKSON, MS. The PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR should have experience in heavy manufacturing (assembly, machining, fabrication, etc) operations. Direct hire position with an established organization!Responsibilities for the Production Supervisor
Requirements for the Production Supervisor
- The Production Supervisor will have oversight of the production area to ensure all production, S&R, and quality goals are met.
- Coach, mentor and train associates on job specific requirements as well as track and record training
- Promote a safe work environment by correcting unsafe practices or machine hazards and providing corrective action
- Participate and monitor Lean Manufacturing practices including Kaizan, Kanban and 5S events
- Bachelors degree AND / OR equivalent supervisory experience
- Three to five years as a Production Supervisor or Team Leader, preferably in assembly operations
- Demonstrated experience in employee relations, organization, planning and problem solving
- The company provides a competive benefits package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.