Contract position: An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for a Sprayer Test Engineer in the Ankeny, IA area. This is an 1-year, 5-month CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Test Engineer
- Help refine & improve V2Net test procedures for sprayer components or system design activities in conjunction with design engineers and performance engineer.
- Design & develop test fixtures and procedures as needed, working in collaboration with design engineers and test mechanics.
- Execute these test activities & work proactively around obstacles which are preventing progress. Keep management informed of test status & be transparent about major issues that surface.
Requirements for the Test Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Agricultural, or Electrical Engineering with PV&V experience acquired through internships or EDP, or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to quickly learn/understand the basic principles of PV&V systems and be able to use this knowledge to test and troubleshoot.