Permanent position: Interesting MECHANICAL ENGINEER opportunity at a highly regarded manufacturing firm in Lincoln, NE. Growth opportunity. Includes relocation.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
- Research and develop electro-mechanical designs for portable wireless communication products that meet product specifications and customer expectations.
- Develop sophisticated portable & rack mounted electronic enclosures including the design, specification, and testing of materials for plastic injection molding, castings, sheet metal forming, machining, and other applicable processes.
- Manage design, development, prototyping, documentation activities for new as well as existing products.
- Work closely with supply chain, product management, project management & other engineering areas to determine requirements, research solutions, and implement designs.
- Develop and monitor product costs throughout the cycle.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years applicable experience in product design including Injection Molding experience and detail design and test, material selection, BOM development and maintenance, cost control and project management.
- Experience with Pro-E, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project.
- A PLUS if have ANY of (a) design of plastic parts, (b) sheet metal fabrication design, OR (c) or consumer product or industrial products design experience.
- Must be able to travel internationally up to 5% of time
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Salary in range shown based on extent of experience
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Growth opportunity with a top firm