Contract position: Aerospace Mechanical Design Engineer with 2D/3D design experience needed in Atlanta, GA. This is a long-term contract opportunity with a well-respected company, with the potential for full time employment. Selected candidate will specialize in aerospace mechanical design and layout and provide 2D/3D CAD support for engineers and project managers. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Utilize AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor to create and/or modify aerospace shop tooling equipment drawings
- Calculate load stress, weight and balance, basis metallurgy understanding, and applied practices
- Research, acquire all data for bill of materials, and their origin or supplier
- Provide design studies and CAD data checks as needed
- Prepare project materials for design review, internally and with customer
- Prepare project materials for design review, internally and with customer.
- BS in Engineering
- 1+ years creating and modifying drawings in Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks
- Previous experience following a design from concept, to manufacture, installation and commissioning in an aerospace modification environment is a major plus
- Understand Aircraft Manufacturer(s), FAA, technical documentation and regulatory requirements in support of aircraft maintenance
- Security clearance or ability to get one
- Ability to create complex Design Concepts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.