Permanent position: Refrigeration Engineer with 3+ years experience in designing and modifying heat transfer components and processes for refrigeration is needed for a direct hire role in Peachtree City, GA. This is an Engineer II position for a person with proven knowledge through work experience of thermodynamic theory to determine design approaches and parameters. Company offers a competitive compensation package which includes bonus plan.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer on 'sustaining engineering and technical support' team for commercial refrigeration equipment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, and refrigeration systems; read, interpret, and modify drawings (CAD, wiring diagrams).
- Capable of working as team member as well team leader, mentoring as well learning from peers and customers (internal and external).
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Experience with MS office, especially MS Excel, a must.
- Background as HVAC/R engineer with 3+ years of proven experience in testing and troubleshooting of refrigeration systems and related components (compressors, metering devices, fans, electromechanical controls, etc.).
- Solid background on refrigeration tools, procedures (e.g. refrigerant reclaiming, circuit evacuation, charging, etc.), pipe fitting and brazing, electrical wiring.
- Experience with CAD (Creo Windchill is a plus)
- Experience with data gathering and statistical analysis a plus.
- Competitive benefits package includes 11 paid holidays, vacation, 401 K, long/short term disability, medical, and dental.