Permanent position: Mechanical Engineer (HVAC/Plumbing/Fire Protection) needed on a direct hire basis for a well-established and growing Architectural & Engineering firm northwest of Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Director of MEP Engineering. Salary range is $75k-$115k/yr depending on experience and credentials. Certified EIT or PE status is highly preferred. Relocation assistance is available.
Responsibilities for the HVAC Engineer
Requirements for the HVAC Engineer
- Engineering and design of mechanical (HVAC) systems for commercial buildings.
- Engineering load calculations, equipment sizing and selection for HVAC, hydronics systems.
- Layout HVAC systems using AutoCad and/or Revit.
- Communicate directly with owners, architects, contractors, power companies, other design professionals and building officials.
- Collaborate in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
- Interact and work with clients and subcontractors.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- Background from a similar MEP or A/E firm preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Minimum of 7+ years of HVAC design experience.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft office products such as Word and Excel.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Strongly prefer an EIT or PE, but must be willing to pursue.
- Experience with Revit a plus.
- Experience working in commercial projects.