Permanent position: Entry Level/Junior Electrical Engineer (Power/Lighting/Building Systems) needed on a direct hire basis for a well-established and growing Architectural & Engineering firm northwest of Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Director of MEP Engineering. Salary range is $50k-$80k/yr depending on experience and credentials. Certified EIT or PE status is highly preferred. Relocation assistance is available.Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Design and production of electrical power, power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, CCTV, and miscellaneous electrical systems in commercial facilities.
- Prepare load calculations, select equipment, layout electrical systems using AutoCad and/or Revit.
- Communicate directly with owners, architects, contractors, power companies, other design professionals and building officials.
- Collaborate in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
- Interact and work with clients and subcontractors.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by managers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- Entry level to 5 years of electrical design (building systems) experience.
- Strongly prefer an EIT or PE, but must be willing to pursue.
- Strong working knowledge of building electrical systems, NFPA & NEC codes.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Revit experience is a plus.
- Background from a similar MEP or A/E firm preferred.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft office products such as Word and Excel.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Experience working in commercial projects.
- Company Sponsored Benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.