Permanent position: Immediate need Business Development / Sales Engineer working for mechanical contracting company, building relationships and landing projects in Connecticut. This client specializes in various commercial, institutional, life science and industrial projects. A BS Degree and specific experience in Mechanical Contracting, Construction, plumbing, piping, metal fabrication, HVAC, Project Management, etc... would be a really strong background for this role.
Responsibilities for the Business Development Manager
- Develop a client base to include architects, engineers, owners, construction managers, general contractors, and vendors. Maintain written documentation on each client.
- Work with clients, architects, engineers, owners, construction managers, general contractors, and vendors to sell work that is preferable to Company's growth strategies and target market.
- Work in conjunction with the pre-construction department on the development of proposals and presentations.
- Ensure that projects are set up properly to meet established profit goals; use financial reporting data quickly to identify potential and existing issues that could lead to sub par company financial performance; immediately address these issues.
Requirements for the Business Development Manager
- BS in Engineering or Business related
- 8+ years experience working in a Mechanical or General Contracting environment and developing relationships with customers.
- Local travel to customer / potential customer sites to develop business for the CT office.
- Direct hire role with company benefits, paid time off, holidays etc...