Permanent position: LEAD PIPING DESIGNER PLANT 3D ADMINISTRATOR opportunity with a well established engineering firm in St. Louis, MO. Must have experience as an Administrator for Plant 3D and need software competencies include MS SQL Server. Need piping design and plant layout, field experience and advanced knowledge of Autodesk software including AutoCAD, Autodesk Plant 3D, and Navisworks. Temp-to-Perm . Includes Per Diem and Relocation.
Responsibilities for the Piping Designer
- Responsible for developing mechanical and piping designs; lead the coordination of design efforts between other disciplines; continually develop and apply design standards and procedures; act as the administrator for Plant 3D design software; develop P3D specs and setup P3D Projects.
- Assist other discipline design leads with utilizing their design software in an integrated multi discipline design.
- Perform general design activities such as producing dimensionally accurate 3D models of existing and new equipment/piping, plant layout, producing drawings from those models, and leading design reviews in Navisworks.
- Coordinate with the other discipline lead designers to insure the overall project models remain coordinated and that their integrity remains intact.
- As the plant 3D administrator responsible for providing input on the program install and setup, troubleshooting issues that arise during the use of the software, and general project setup including specs, title blocks, directory structures, and the SQL database.
- As Design Coordinator work with the Cad Manager and Design Group Manager to refine or develop our work process, procedures and standards. Work directly with the Design Group Manager to implement Quality Control procedures and provide input to continually improve QC program.
Requirements for the Piping Designer
- A PLUS to have BS or AS degree in Engineering or CAD
- Minimum 15 years experience in piping design and plant layout in ANY of Pharma, food and beverage, chemical, OR process plant sectors
- Must have Field experience as a field engineer, construction engineer, OR any role working with the construction team factoring in constructability, maintainability, and operability.
- Must have experience as an Administrator for Plant 3D Also need software competencies include MS SQL Server.
- Must also have an advanced knowledge of Autodesk software including AutoCAD, Autodesk Plant 3D, and Navisworks (2016 or higher).
- A PLUS to have SPED PPD IV level certification
- Requires a general knowledge of the design software in the Autodesk AEC Design Collection
- Need MS Excel, MS Word, Bluebeam, and Autodesk RECAP.
- Salary in range shown based on extent of qualifications
- Contractor Benefits during Contract phase and Comprehensive Benefits when transitioned to Perm
- Growth opportunity at a top firm
- Per Diem for Contract phase and Relocation when transitioned to perm