Permanent position: PROJECT ENGINEER opportunity at a well established firm near Sunset Hills, MO in St Louis southern metro. BS Engineering Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil. Exposure to equipment fabrication or construction/erection. Travel 10-20% domestic and international. Includes relocation assistance.Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Manage Supplier Subcontracts through specification, requisitioning, and fabrication in a manner that meets all the contract specifications, including standard specifications, and such that equipment is delivered on time or ahead of the project scheduled delivery dates.
- Provide customer support for field activities during the delivery and installation phases of the project. Maintain customer relationships through quality support while minimizing costs and risk Assist in the selection of technically acceptable fabrication suppliers.
- Technically evaluate fabrication supplier proposals. Resolve supplier non-conformances and technical fabrication issues. Review drawings, supplier's fabrication drawings, and suppliers monthly fabrication schedule to ensure project requirements are met and will meet our delivery obligations. Manage the information flow between Engineering and Suppliers/Subcontractors to ensure material and fabrication supply is correct and on time per the project schedule
- Resolve technical and logistic issues during field erection. Make decisions on cost and schedule with respect to correcting issues in the field.
- BS Degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil
- Minimum 1 year experience or applicable Internship/Co-op. A PLUS to have 3 to 5 years experience
- Exposure to equipment fabrication/manufacturing and/or construction erection
- Ability to read and interpret engineering, fabrication, and equipment erection drawings
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Salary in range shown based on extent of qualifications
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Opportunity at a well established firm
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.