Contract position: CAD DESIGNER contract opportunity at a highly regarded manufacturing firm near Cranston, RI. Projected 6+ month assignment. Local candidates.
Responsibilities for the Designer
- Prepare drawings of piece, parts, and assemblies involving selection of scales, dimensioning, detailed views, sectional views orthographic projects from sketches, layouts or verbal instructions, e.g., piping isometrics, compressor motor housing machining drawings, etc.
- Prepare layouts of piece parts, developments or simple assemblies, e.g., piping isometrics, compressor machining housing drawings, welded assemblies, etc.
- Use CAD system to prepare drawings and layouts as related to job, database maintenance, and assist in CAD system performance through disk to disk file transfer for contiguity.
- Write macro language programs to improve CAD productivity by reducing or eliminating interactive commands to create repetitious geometry or drawings.
- Prepare bills of material and prelists using computerized bill of material system.
- Review project specifications and requirements to assure conformance of design and fabrication of product.
Requirements for the Designer
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- 4 years minimum experience with proficiency with CAD
- Basic understanding of internal business practices.
- Ability to assist in writing macro language programs to improve CAD productivity by reducing or eliminating interactive commands to create repetitious geometry or drawings.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of codes or standards for design applications and conformance as related to job and knowledge of manufacturing processes such as tooling limitations as defined by drafting manual
- A PLUS to have knowledge of air conditioning and refrigeration principles
- Salary in range shown based on extent of qualifications
- Contractor Benefits
- Exposure at a top firm
- Local candidates