Contract position: A manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is looking for a Measurements Engineer in the Hickory, NC area. This is an 6-month CONTRACT position. No per diem is available.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
- Design experiments and analyze data to identify and implement measurement integrity and efficiency improvements to measurement systems for fiber optical assemblies, prototype and volume manufacturing.
- Develop, procure, build, and install test equipment for capacity expansion needs. Develop measurement uncertainty / measurement system analysis techniques to ensure proper measurement system application and capability.
- Develop and manage documentation in support of measurement system deployments including machine specifications, operating procedures, and drawing packages.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor's degree Optical Science / Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mechatronics.
- 3 years of work experience in measurement engineering, process engineering, development, or related area.