Well established industrial equipment manufacturer SW of Birmingham, AL is seeking a Documentation Specialist for a temp to hire role. Ideal candidate will have good CAD skills, and some working experience creating maintenance manuals, operation guides, and other technical documentation.
Responsibilities for the Specialist
- Candidate will create user guides, manuals, handbooks, and other technical documents associated with industrial equipment.
- Gather information from existing documents, get input from maintenance personnel on the floor, and other sources to author new technical documentation
- Candidate will work with Solidworks drawings to extract technical illustrations as needed
Requirements for the Specialist
- AS Degree in Engineering, Design or other Technical Discipline, or an applicable Technical Certificate in CAD Drafting.
- Specific experience in Solidworks a plus
- Previous experience creating technical documentation, guides, manuals, etc required
- Able to extract diagrams, drawings, and illustrations from CAD to use in technical documents
<Benefits for the Specialist
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life and AD&D