Permanent position: Our Client in Las Vegas is looking to hire an Automation Engineer who will assist with the development and implementation of world class manufacturing projects, production, processing methods and controls. This position will also provide leadership in the implementation and support of plant automation, electrical and database systems. This company will offer assistance for relocation.
Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
- Design and develop new process control systems and revising / maintaining of existing processes; developing and implementing WCM projects; managing and guiding contractors, consultants and suppliers; identifying new opportunities and solutions with cost / benefit analysis and making recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing and implementing automation related projects and initiatives.
- Provides technical expertise, support and enhancement of automation related systems (PLC / HMI / VFD / Instrumentation / Data and Voice Networks / plant electrical distribution systems) and implements required updates to avoid technical obsolescence.
- Collects, interprets and extrapolates data from the production process to monitor current equipment performance against established baselines and applies appropriate corrective actions.
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Three to five (3-5) years of applied professional experience in Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) / PLC.
- Previous experience in electrical process control, instrumentation, automation, industrial protocols / networking (switching & routing) and databases.
- Understanding of integrated automation and information systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical & Microsoft Office Suite
- Relocation assistance
- Medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, long-term care options, group legal and wellness programs
- Paid vacation starting at day of hire, and 10 paid holidays