Contract position: A multinational automotive corporation is currently seeking a Logistics Planning Engineer in the Detroit, MI area. This is a 2-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Logistics Engineer
Requirements for the Logistics Engineer
- Developing line side material delivery strategy and warehouse layouts. Monitor project launch schedule; ensure tasks are completed on time; escalate past due items. Creating parts sequence method and standardizing across all product variants.
- Develop and modify standard work instructions for current, new, and changing processes (receiving, shipping, ERP systems, etc.). Planning and coordinating inventory transfer planning from current and other external warehouse locations to consolidated 3PL warehouse. Analysis of impacted manpower and quantifying manpower savings.
- Creating process maps for current and future state to help train employees on process changes. Conducting root cause analysis on process defects. Managing KPIs for internal team and 3rd party to ensure processes are executed correctly. Validate and update PFEP documents.
- Assist in coordinating and completing risk management activities. Document material flow routes for each product line. Participate in scope development analysis.
- Bachelors Degree (Engineering, Supply Chain, or other Business Related Degree). 2+ years of experience within Transportation (examples: logistics planning, or material flow). It is a plus if the candidate has project management experience but is not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.