Permanent position: Our client in the Las Vegas area is in need of a Sr. Electrical Engineer for a permanent role. The Electrical Engineer will assist with the development and implementation of Manufacturing projects, energy reduction, safety and electrical distribution and control within the company. There is travel in the US/Canada for this position. Relocation assistance available as well as a full benefit package. A PE license is a bonus, but not requirement.
Responsibilities for the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing and implementing all aspects of electrical system design including medium and low voltage power distribution, motor control, lighting, instrumentation, P&IDs and instrument selection.
- Manages electrical projects,and organizes all aspects of projects including but not limited to scope, budget and schedule.
- Generates single line diagrams, riser diagrams, layouts, cable and conduit schedules, routing, distribution and motor control schemes, as well as I/O lists, inter-connection diagrams for power, control systems, lighting and grounding systems.
- Travels to various sites to perform on-site electrical system assessments to document existing system configuration, equipment ratings, conductor lengths / ampacities, and overcurrent protective device information/settings.
Requirements for the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Five (5) years of applied professional experience in electrical engineering and power distribution (up to 4160VAC.)
- Thorough knowledge of National Electrical Code (NFPA-70), Canadian Electrical Code (CSA C22.1), Arc-Flash (NFPA-70E) code requirements and OSHA requirements in relation to arc flash, electrical distribution and safe working practices.
- Relocation assistance available
- Medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, long-term care options, group legal and wellness programs, 401K, paid vacation and 10 paid holidays