Permanent position: Growing manufacturer is looking for a direct-hire Quality Engineer. This position is located near Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Quality Engineer should have strong experience with IATF 16949 and ISO 9000 Quality Systems as well as documentation experience with PPAP, APQP, corrective actions, etc. All candidates must be local and have a verifiable Bachelors Degree.
The salary for the Quality Engineer is commensurate with experience ranging from $70K to $85K, plus an opportunity for a bonus. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records
- Assist in compilation of submission of PPAP documentation to customers -Review supplier PPAP submissions for completeness and accuracy
- Act as a customer liaison for problem solution and reporting to the customer specific requirements for content and report format
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- 3+ years of quality engineering experience in an industrial manufacturing/production environment, automotive preferred
- Strong background in ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 Quality Systems
- Successful experience with documentation and submission of PPAP, APQP, Corrective Actions, and other quality procedures
- Strong Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement background is preferred
- Full-Time, Permanent Direct-Hire Position
- Salary commensurate with experience ranging from $70k to $85K, plus an opportunity for a bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K, etc.