Contract position: Top Engineering Firm involved in power generation and T&D engineering & construction projects is looking for a few Drafters to join their team. These are contract to hire opportunities located in downtown Chicago. You need 0-5 years of drafting experience in any discipline, but ideally either electrical or structural. You need to be local or within a commutable distance to downtown Chicago.
Responsibilities for the Drafter
- Provide electrical & structural drafting support for high voltage, electrical substation projects
- Revise existing drawings and preparing new drawings of basic electrical components & structures related to substation designs
- Prepares non-routine drawings with complex features using information from rough sketches, detailed engineering notes or brief verbal guidance
Requirements for the Drafter
- 0-5 years of experience as a Drafter
- You must be proficient with either AutoCAD 2014 or Microstation design software
- Any experience with MicroStation V8i is considerd a big PLUS
- Specific drafting experience supporting electrical substation design projects is a PLUS
- Our client prefers candidates that have an AS Degree in drafting technology or related field OR went to a technical high school where you learned AutoCAD
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...