Service Technician needed to provide repair and service support on Low to Mid-Range office printing products to customers. This person will be providing preventative maintenance service on production products. This is a contract position in Savannah, GA.
Responsibilities for the Technician
- Perform the full range of maintenance on assigned products; including repair, on-site troubleshooting, installation, removal, retrofit, preventative maintenance activities, and customer call assistance
- Take responsibility for customer satisfaction by providing timely and courteous service with minimal support from other personnel
- Perform mechanical adjustments, troubleshoot to the Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) level (FRUs may be electrical, electronic or mechanical in nature and are defined during product training)
- Handle mechanical observations of belts, chains, pulleys, clutches, gears, motors, and interdependent drive systems with an ability to understand and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Communicate with customers the status of their current service call and address any other service concerns they may have with the product
- Meet and/or exceed all required standards, such as Customer Notifications (ETA), Response Time, Product Repair Hours, Parts Cost, First Time Fix, and Call-Backs
Requirements for the Technician
- A certificate or diploma from a vocational program , technical school, or college in the field of either: electronics, electrical / mechanical repair, or similar field (2 or more years of related field experience as a repair technician may be substituted for the certificate/diploma.)
- Industry Certifications (A+ or N+)
- Mechanical Background (gears, pulleys, belts, chains, motors, clutches, drive systems) as well as computer skills
- Customer skills
- Reliable Car (space, passes safety inspections, licensed and insured)
- Experience or formal training in AC-DC electrical/electronics required as well as functional knowledge and application of a multi -meter.
- Online assessment is a prerequisite for an onsite interview