Contract position: Systems Engineer needed for an opportunity in Irving, TX. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, configuration, and operation of complete building control systems including fire, security, and other low voltage control sub-systems (i.e. lighting, nurse call, data networks, etc.) to meet the intent of the project requirements. A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required.
Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer
- Designs and configures technically complex building control systems as defined by the contract documents. Creates flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
- Develops and tests software programs necessary to operate the system per the intent of the project requirements.
- Coordinates and creates of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
- Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
- Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
Requirements for the Systems Engineer
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction or HVAC industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature controls, building automation systems and other building subsystems.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. LON, BacNet, etc.).
- Competitive benefits package.