Contract position: An American global diversified industrial company is currently seeking a Buyer/Planner in the Columbia, SC area. This is a 6-month CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Buyer
- Examine documents, materials and products, and monitor work processes in order to assess completeness, accuracy and conformation to standards and specifications.
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities.
- Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures. Requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
Requirements for the Buyer
- Associate's degree and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to analyze costs related to manufacturing, labor, and materials.