Contract position: An American multinational biotechnology product development company who is a leader in genetic testing and precision laboratory equipment markets is currently seeking a Sr. Buyer in the Woodland Hills, CA. This is an 3-month CONTRACT position. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Analyze purchase order reports to identify trends and adjust inventory procurement accordingly. Complete and file purchase order paperwork.
- Identify and plan substitutions of slow moving items. Reduce obsolete inventory by recommending and facilitating removal or sale by price reductions, supplier buy backs, etc.
- Drive and develop new sources of supply. Obtain all required approval documentation and assists in qualification of new source. Initiate and review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limits.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Life Sciences or other related field. At least 5 years of purchasing experience. A background in Biomedical or Life Sciences preferred.
- Procurement experience utilizing ERP software in a manufacturing environment; experience with SAP a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.