Contract position: An American multinational biotechnology product development company who is a leader in genetic testing and precision laboratory equipment markets is currently seeking a Sr. Buyer in the Woodland Hills, CA. This is an 3-month CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Buyer
- Analyze purchase order reports to identify trends and adjust inventory procurement accordingly. Complete and file purchase order paperwork.
- Identify and plan substitutions of slow moving items. Reduce obsolete inventory by recommending and facilitating removal or sale by price reductions, supplier buy backs, etc.
- Drive and develop new sources of supply. Obtain all required approval documentation and assists in qualification of new source. Initiate and review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limits.
Requirements for the Buyer
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Life Sciences or other related field. At least 5 years of purchasing experience. A background in Biomedical or Life Sciences preferred.
- Procurement experience utilizing ERP software in a manufacturing environment; experience with SAP a plus.