Contract position: A wireless provider offering cell phones, data plans, Internet devices & accessories is looking for a Telecom Engineer in the Austin, TX area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem is available. Responsibilities for the Telecommunications Engineer
Requirements for the Telecommunications Engineer
- Maintain/Improve network performance on a daily basis for a large cluster of Nokia LTE/UMTS sites. Use solid RF Engineering principles and planning tools to maximize coverage, capacity, and performance of LTE/UMTS live network.
- Implement and apply Nokia features and network parameter optimization. Daily monitoring and review of radio network Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Attend daily network performance calls, communicate effectively, and report status of site issues that need investigation and resolution.
- Associate's degree is preferred with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Self sufficient at evaluating KPIs and determining logical next steps to investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve the issues.