Permanent position: Specialty transportation and safety contractor in Kansas City, KS is looking to hire a Project Manager with experience estimating, planning, developing and managing onsite construction activities for multiple highway projects. The ideal candidate will come from a construction background and have working knowledge of construction techniques and project procedures as well as DOT. Travel required throughout Midwestern US. Primary focus on DOT construction projects in Kansas and Nebraska. Excellent benefits, bonus structure and vehicle allowance. All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Coordinate and manage onsite construction activities for multiple sized projects while ensuring objectives are completed on time.
- Assist General Manager regarding DOT construction projects in Kansas and Nebraska for areas including guard rails, highway signs, structures and fences.
- Review bids, order plans and generate estimates
- Coordinate material purchases
- Monitor field work and offer solutions to potential field problems
- Perform document control functions - tracking and creating RFI's, tracking submittals and composing agreements
- Manage subcontractors and attend project progress and pre-construction meetings
- Travel as needed throughout midwestern states
- 4 year degree in related construction field
- At least 2 years' experience with construction
- Working knowledge of construction techniques, project procedures, DOT
- Full benefits,bonus potential based on project performance, vacation, 401K, vehicle, fuel and phone allowance