Permanent position: Our client, an industrial/agricultural focused construction contractor near Rockford, MN, is currently seeking candidates for an open MEP Engineering Manager position. Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree in relevant Engineering field and 8+ years experience (preferably in a General Contractor or Design/Build environment).
Salary range is $110k-130k/yr., depending on experience and relocation assistance is available for well-qualified candidates.
Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Responsible for the drafting departments assignments, workflow, production schedule, quality, completeness, accuracy guidance, and development of staff in the department.
- Attend project kick off and weekly project meetings, as necessary, to understand the engineering departments responsibility and needs for the project.
- Work closely with outside engineering firms to ensure they understand their Scope of Work and deadlines. Also review engineers IFR set of drawings for constructability.
- Continually educate the drafting team for further development regarding the company specifications and what it is that we do.
- Support Project Management in construction drawing & design issues including trouble shooting and solutions
- Review project equipment lists for accuracy & content.
- Work with project managers to ensure equipment design meets specifications and work with drafting department to ensure equipment approval drawings are being reviewed.
- Support Estimating and Business Development in preliminary design through preliminary drawings, equipment sizing or take offs, etc.
- Work toward developing & maintaining drafting standards within the company.
- Retain and recruit drafting staff as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- 8+ years experience (preferably with a general contractor or design/build firm).
- Experience with the following software:AutoCAD, Revit, Procore, Bluebeam, Viewpoint.
- Must have management experience as well, preferably on MEP construction projects.