Permanent position: Metallurgist/Quality Manager, Chicago area - Leading manufacturer seeks to hire a Material Science Engineer for a Metallurgical Quality Manager role. This individual will recommend and implement process improvements, ensure quality procedures are carried out and oversee the lab department. Responsibilities for the Metallurgist
Requirements for the Metallurgist
- Process control for productivity and quality improvements.
- Partner with other engineers on problem solving production related issues.
- Coordinate internal and external laboratory analyses of samples.
- Customer interface.
- Bachelors degree in Materials Science or related field.
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience supervising and developing hourly or salaried employees.
- Health, Dental, 401K , Bonus, Relocation.