Permanent position: Process Metallurgist - Kankakee, IL - Fortune 200 Steel Manufacturer is seeking qualified applicants for the full-time position of Metallurgical Engineer/Process Engineer. This person will lead investigations into continual quality and productivity improvements in Melting, Casting, and Rolling as well as root cause analysis of product defects. This company has a history of hiring the best talent and promoting from within and has never laid off an employee due to lack of work. Responsibilities for the Metallurgical Engineer
Requirements for the Metallurgical Engineer
- Lead investigations into continual quality and productivity improvements in Melting, Casting, and Rolling as well as root cause analysis of product defects.
- Bachelors degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science Engineering
- Experience in the Steel Making Industry, mini mill, foundry. One or more of these areas desired: Melting, Casting, Rolling Mill, Finishing.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePointStatistical Analysis, Process Modeling, and Data Queries
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels in a team environment
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, well organized and demonstrated leadership skills
- Commitment to self-improvement, cost reduction, product quality, and customer service excellence
- Excellent benefits and bonus eligible