Permanent position: Our client, a manufacturer of industrial sanitation machinery located near Sterling, IL, is actively seeking candidates for a Mechanical Design Engineer position. This position will involve the design/drafting of new and revised machinery components, perform FEA analysis on parts & components, sending out new product releases & ECN's to production & outside vendors, and project management from cradle to grave.
Ideal candidates will have 3-8 years' experience, Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, and proficient in Autodesk Inventor & AutoCAD... Candidate with valid work authorization status are encouraged to apply. Visa Sponsorship is not available now or in future.
Salary Range is $50k-$70k, depending on experience.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
- Design and drafting of new and revised components using AutoCAD and 3D AutoDesk Inventor.
- Create 3D models of components and machines using sound engineering judgment necessary to ensure proper fit and function of the designs.
- Perform the analysis necessary to help define the most efficient design in terms of weight, durability and cost effectiveness.
- Be responsible for sending out new product releases and ECN's to production, purchasing and outside vendors.
- Will work closely with all departments in the company as well as outside vendors.
- Must be able to manage projects from beginning to end.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-8 years of in field engineering experience
- High level of mechanical aptitude.
- Strong knowledge of material and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & Inventor a major plus.
- 401(k) Plan -Eligible to contribute upon date of hire.
- Group Health Insurance for Employee and Family
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Limited Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account