Permanent position: Our client, has an exciting opportunity in Elgin, IL for Senior Industrial Engineer with a background in E-Commerce. Responsibilities for the Industrial Engineer
Requirements for the Industrial Engineer
- The primary purpose of this position is to lead all engineering activities and establish a culture of process improvement throughout multiple distribution centers. The Senior Industrial Engineer will work cross-functionally with various department to include the Operations teams in an effort to improve efficiency, develop and maintain labor standards, and reduce costs. The Senior Industrial Engineer's expertise will also be used to develop and implement regional and national projects and strategies.
- Distribution Center Design & Implementation, will assist with the design of distribution facilities, including new facilities, facility retrofits, conveyor changes, and other material handling equipment changes.Maintain relationships with key automation vendors.Identify and implement design changes that will improve efficiencies, capacity & throughput.
- Continuous Improvement & Labor ManagementDevelop preferred methods/standard operating procedures for the warehouse in conjunction with operational support.Implement and support a labor management program and software configuration.Develop and maintain multi-variable labor standards.Troubleshoot Labor Management System and interface issues.Lead the engineering team to identify, define and implement process improvement opportunities.Address all aspects of change, including people, processes, systems, and equipment.Introduce and adapt improvement methodologies as appropriate to drive change (ex. Lean or Six Sigma)
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical engineering or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. Master's degree a plus.
- Generally requires a minimum of five (5) plus years of experience as an engineer in retail and/or e-commerce distribution. Lean/Six Sigma certification desired.
- Experience with work measurement & performance management programs, conveyor design and optimization, large project management, and warehouse systems.
- Generous Benefits Package!
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K plus match
- Bonus potential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.