Permanent position: Our client, an established and fast-growing EPC firm based in Sarasota, FL, is currently seeking candidates for a newly opened Electrical Designer position. This position would entail the electrical design and electrical load calculations for power & lighting, CCTV, Fire Alarm, and building access systems for large commercial projects.
This is a heavy production role and candidates must be proficient designing in AutoCAD and Revit.
Salary range is $60k-$90k/yr., depending on experience.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Designer
- Assist in planning and design electrical power systems for commercial facilities.
- Assist in design and specification of power and control systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection.
- Provide electrical design and performance specifications for lighting, lighting controls, power and low voltage systems (CCTV, Fire Alarms, Building Access Systems, etc.).
- Perform construction administration support (both in office and job site).
- Perform construction site visits as required and review work in progress for concurrence with plans and specifications.
Requirements for the Electrical Designer
- 3+ Years experience designing power/lighting and low-voltage systems for commercial buildings.
- Previous experience performing electrical load calculations & voltage drops.
- Must have prior experience and proficient in AutoCAD and AutoDesk Revit.
- Prior experience working in a heavy production environment, especially with a Design/Build, Electrical Contractor, or EPC Firm.
- Wide range of benefits including paid time off, flexible work schedules, healthcare assistance, retirement savings and profit sharing plan, ownership opportunities and much more.